Currently: Prosecutors allege Gov. Scott Walker at center of ‘criminal scheme‘ to bypass state election laws and illegally coordinate fundraising among conservative groups to help his campaign and those of Republican state senators.
Previously: On June 5th, 2012 Walker won the recall election versus Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and said its time, “to put our differences aside and find ways to work together to move Wisconsin forward.” Read the full story from the Wisconsin Rapids Tribune.
Bio: Scott Kevin Walker (born November 2, 1967) is an American Republican politician who began serving as the 45th Governor of Wisconsin on January 3, 2011, after defeating Democratic candidate Tom Barrett, 52 percent to 47 percent in the November 2010 general election. Previously, Walker was the County Executive of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin from 2002 to 2010, and a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly from 1993 to 2002. Read more
More About Walker Online;
- Office of the Governor Scott Walker
- Biography at the National Governors Association
- Biography, interest group ratings, public statements, vetoes and campaign financesat Project Vote Smart
- Biography at WhoRunsGov.com at The Washington Post
- Issue positions and quotes at On the Issues
- Campaign contributions at FollowTheMoney.org
- Appearances on C-SPAN programs
- Profile at Notable Names Database
- 2011 State Budget Battle, collected coverage at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel of the budget repair bill and the 2011-’13 state budget