Former US Representative Edward J. Markey has defeated Republican nominee Gabriel Gomez for the vacant Massachusetts Senate Seat. Markey succeeds John Kerry’s seat ,left vacant when he stepped down earlier this year to become Secretary of State.
Markey previously served as House of Representative for Massachusett’s 5th congressional district since 1976 and has never lost an election.
External articles of intrest:
- Congressman Ed Markey official U.S. House website
- Ed Markey for U.S. Senate official campaign website
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Biography at Ballotpedia
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Congressional profile at GovTrack
- Congressional profile at Roll Call
- Congressional profile at OpenCongress
(Seelye,K 2013). Democrat wins Special Election for Kerry’s Senate Seat. The New York Times. Retrieved electronically on 6/28/2013 from:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/26/us/massachusetts-special-senate-election.html?emc=edit_na_20130625
Markey, E 2013. Wikipedia.org. Retrieved elcetronically on 6/28/2013 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Markey
Massachusetts seat won by Democrat ,