Currently: Announced his retirement, “I have served in the House longer than anyone in Wisconsin history. God and my constituents have been incredibly good to me…” read the full statement
Bio: As a junior Member of the House, he threw his support behind efforts to open committee hearings to the public (when Dave first went to Congress, many of those public hearings were held behind closed doors). In addition, Dave sponsored and pushed through rules changes which required powerful Appropriations Subcommittee Chairs to be voted on by the full Caucus rather than simply becoming Chairman, in order to make certain that they were not arbitrary or out of touch.
- Bio on Wikipedia
- Official campaign website
- Official U.S. House website
- Voting record maintained by The Washington Post
- Issue positions and quotes at On The Issues
- Voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart